The little church of Santa Maria delle Righe also called “chiesetta di Righe” is located in Corte. It dates back to 823 and it is characterized by one single aisle and a coverage with a hut. The facade has a simple portal topped with a rose window and a end-800 trianguar bell tower.
Thanks to the constructive and architectural arrangement, and the stones and clay materials used to build the outer walls we can understand how old is the building.
Currently the church is part of the parish of Corte after Carlotta Friso donated it in 1964. The last restoration took place in 1978 but it involved only the roof. An extensive renovation was completed in 2000.
The church is place of devotion: even nowadays each year on 24th September local people remember the “vow of Righe” with a procession to thank The Virgin for freeing the local inhabitants in 1839 after a cholera epidemic that had raged since 1836.